Starting Pay based on experience.
James Emmett and Company is working with a disability-friendly company looking for individuals interested in a position for Roadway Maintenance Technician. We have many great opportunities for employment in the North Richland Hills area. Apply now!
As the Roadway Maintenance Technician you will have the opportunity to be part of a highly trained team operating automotive and maintenance equipment to perform skilled maintenance duties as well as transporting materials, equipment and maintenance personnel .You will work as a team, receiving assignments from the Maintenance Supervisor, Manager and Traffic Management Center Operators. On occasion, you may be asked to supervise personnel on various job assignments and you may have the opportunity to train less experienced personnel on equipment operation and roadway maintenance as you grown in this position.
- Operate assigned automotive equipment and construction equipment such as tractor, mowers, sweepers, flush trucks, tow trucks, bucket trucks and snowplow trucks
- Inspect equipment for proper operating condition, make minor repairs or adjustments, lubricate and assist in making repairs as required, including minor welding repairs
- Complete miscellaneous skilled maintenance on the corridor for NTE and NTE 35W as required
- Execute miscellaneous duties, such as snow and ice control, general traffic control, pavement repair, pot hole repairs, landscaping, painting, relamping, miscellaneous barrier repairs
- Perform miscellaneous building maintenance as required
- Any other job duties as assigned
What is necessary to become a Roadway Maintenance Technician?
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Desired experience in civil works/construction
- Possess a Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with endorsement of air brakes, or a valid class “B” CDL permit with the above endorsement, or the ability to obtain a CDL within 365 days of employment
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) and other PC-based software
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a team structure
- Able to multitask and problem solve within a fast paced environment
- The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to high at times given that the employee will be working around heavy machinery
- Some roadway travel required
- The employee must be able to individually lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, climb, drive, and sit for long periods of time
- Medical and Dental Insurance for Employee, Spouse and Dependents (company pays 90% of premiums)
- Vision Insurance
- 24-hour Nurse Support Hotline
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- 401k – Fully Invested at Enrollment (with an up to 3.5% match)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
About James Emmett and Company (JEC)
At JEC, we are a national team of Disability Inclusion Experts with years of experience in sourcing people with disabilities and barriers to employment. We take the time to get to know each job seeker we work with to understand your skills and experience. Our Experts are with you every step of the way, giving support as needed. To learn more, go to www.jamesemmettandcompany.com.
James Emmett and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.